Read Chapter 16 and the complete the Chapter 16 Aplia assignment.
- Describe the stress response.
- How does stress affect health?
- What factors can help control stress?
- What are the three types of coping?
- What factors contribute to resilience?
- Discuss the history of positive psychology.
- What are the factors that contribute to happiness?
- Stress: Portrait of a Killer (NatGeo) (post a review on Rotten Tomatoes if you want and let me know!)
- New York Times topic: Stress and Anxiety
- Happy [excellent coverage of the major concepts; features Sonja Lyubomirsky, Richard Davidson, Ed Diener, Daniel Gilbert, and Nic Marks]
- Martin Seligman’s Authentic Happiness website
- TED Talk: Martin Seligman on positive psychology
- Flourish: A Visionary New Understanding of Happiness and Well-Being by Martin Seligman
- Stumbling on Happiness by Daniel Gilbert
- TED Talk: Dan Gilbert asks, Why are we happy?
- TED Talk: Ron Gutman: The hidden power of smiling
- Happiness: Unlocking the Mysteries of Psychological Wealth by Ed Diener
- TED Talk: Mihaly Csikszentmihalyi on flow
- TED Talk: Laura Carstensen: Older people are happier
- TED Talk: Daniel Kahneman: The riddle of experience vs. memory
- TED Talk: Nicholas Christakis: The hidden influence of social networks
Suggest a link! Click HERE